Monday 11 April 2011

1st day in the real dental world ^^

3rd day of work - 1st day of treating as a real dentist!!! yehh hoooo!!

been observing my fellow colleagues for the past 2 days and it was a real eye opener.
15-30 mins per patient,
less than a minute extraction
patient in patient out
minimal infection control
no eye protection
limited instruments and material of choice
etc etc....

That's how the Malaysian dentists work in the government settings.

hmmmm....

It's my first day in action...
4 extractions - 2 patients ended up tearing
a number of fillings
a number of checkups for pregnant mothers
a large gingival granuloma due to recurrent infections --> referral
and a scaling
saved a tooth fr being extracted!! ^^

Quite productive =D

but it's still not fast enough
more trainings to come

finally get to put my 5 years of studies into use
however, our beloved Dr Hopwood will be fainting


* Where Are All Your Urgonomics?!!!!!! *

teee heee!

my neck n shoulders are aching towards the end of the day due to the broken chair
and my arm is aching from the extractions
n my head is throbbing
it's time to work out

sooooooooooooo unfit!    =p


p/s: guess my colleagues, nurses and my patients are going to hammer some BM into me soon!

2 comments:

h.3.l.3.n said...

good luck! its a struggle in the beginning but u'll get used to it.. then u'll be seeing 30+ patients and taking out nearly 50 teeth in just 1 morning..

TEH D3viL said...

whoahh helen how long it gets u to reach tat stage??!! I've only taken less thn 20 out n broken 2 roots so far... thinking how to dig them out! >.<