Sunday 9 May 2010

Mom Rocks!

First of all, i left mum a message on Facebook:

"erm... since u're on FB almost 24/7.. guess i don't need to call? hehehhh =p
Happy Day Women.."

Of course, i don't meant to be rude..
I don't like to say "Happy Mother's day" because it is boring to send the same wishes every year and it doesn't make the day any special too.. In addition, not calling home on Mother's day is a death sentence and i do still want to hear my beloved mummy's voice. Just that i was out in Cheltenham visiting Tom and i don't want mummy to know as she wouldn't be very please. It'll be even worse if she found out that we went driving around a spy centre called GCSQ (Government Communication Headquarters), exploring the area, taking the risk of snipers pointing at us.

I went on Skype as soon as i got back, unfortunately mummy has gone to bed. Rang my youngest and she said mom's lappie is under maintenance!

So i quickly send mom a text message which says: " Happy Mothers Day. Heard that your laptop broke (which also meant : oh no, you didn't get my wishes in time.. i'm sorry.. ), will call again tmr.."

Mum woke up in the middle of the night n texted back: " My dear daughter, u r the last one 2 wish me. *sob icon*  Anyway tq. *happy icon* ha ha.."

and i replied: " I've wished you on Facebook "

-_____________________-


Guess I shall still be alive after the phone call tomorrow..


p/s: I do hold a complicated love-hate feeling for Facebook!
(love it because it connects me to human; hate it because i lost my privacy at the same time!)


* My training to slowly convert our mum to a Mom of the 21st Century is looking good! She even posted a photo of herself standing in front of the Hard Rock Hotel as her FB profile!

~ WOW! ~

1 comment:

s said...

Oh YES, totally agree with you on that Love-Hate feeling towards what FB can do to us...

ohgosh...all the 'papparazzi' effects that it can bring to you are driving u insane.. I dont think there's anymore privacy to talk about..regardless the Private Settings..dadada...dont really help..
lol

Guess on the other side of it, the love I have for FB is that ur constantly updated with what ur closed ones have been doing..eyeing on what everyone's life is up to =p

We do what the others hate us doing..Lol
the contradiction.

FB is a good way to kill ur free time in a way. hehehe..

and Cheeers for ur Mom!