Tuesday 20 April 2010

Panic Attacks

1st Attack:


Was on my way to MRI Dental Sedation Suite when I overheard a doctor's (Mr Panic) conversation over his mobile.

Dr Panic : "Hello is this Dr X? Heard that someone just found a LIVING PATIENT in the Dead's room! What happened???!!!  Who's patient is that? ...."

My jaw literally dropped at that moment.. couldn't believe what I've just heard! I was swearing in my mind..

Being ultimately curious, i wanted to turn back and catch a look at the doctor's face. However i manage to hold my head back and pretend that i did not heard anything..

I too... had a cold sweat......

The doctor must be swearing even harder in his head!  LOL ...


* Lesson 1: Do not simply listen to someone's conversation! *

--------------------------------------------------------------------------


2nd Attack:


Had to see my needle phobic patient in the afternoon for Endodontic treatment.. He has been causing a lot of stresses. The treatment is easy.. but to manage him, it's haaaaaaard. He jumps, complains, makes weird and loud noises at most of the procedures..

I was a little happy to have Paran nursing today as i thought Mr Sissy will be shy enough to hold a GUY's hand. However my plan was completely crushed at the second that Mr Sissy reached out his hand when i was about to apply a topical cream! wtf....

Was thinking of jamming in as much local anaesthetic as possible so that he will be too numb to even blink!

I couldn't stop laughing seeing Paran stretching his hand out unwillingly, looking very tortured, letting the patient hold only the back of his hand or his wrist.. hahha

At one point, the pt was even asking me to show him the root canal! (He cant even see his own tooth while he was lying on the chair, underneath a rubber dam, without a mirror. How on earth he's gunna see his own canal unless i take a picture of it? ) Wish that i could tell him to become an endodontist himself so that he will get to see as many canal as he likes!

Treatment went well today and i manage to obturate the root canal! One more session to go and I'm gunna say bye bye and kick him out of my list! HUrrayyyy!

To be fair, patient did gave us a little praise for providing a pleasant dental treatment. On the other hand, I wanted to tell him that he has been giving me the worst patient experience in these 5 years..




( Know that I'm being really mean here.. )




* Lesson 2: When a security guard or a bouncer gets in your way, SHOW HIM THE NEEDLE! *


 =p

 --------------------------------------------------------------

Lesson 3:

Dr Andreason: "Kiwi, strawberry and pineapple allergies are somehow inter-related to latex allergy."

No comments: