Sunday 26 October 2008

TUARAN MEE!!!

Was down in Birmingham with my young uncle-Willie and Jane today, paying our relative- Shin a visit when i spotted this on the menu:

TUARAN MEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was soo sooooo shock! Not that i'm "sua ku"..
I'm sure all KK ppl who saw this menu wil gape!

How da h*ll it appears here?!!!!!!!!!

This is a dish that we cannot find in anywhere else!! Not KL, not Melacca, not Sarawak! Even a Penang- kian wouldn't know about it! It only exist in the city where i grew up. It is the best in the small town nearby. It reminds me of my childhood. Back in old days, i always pester daddy to take us to that restaurant above a market whenever we get the chance to visit Tuaran.

A kind friend took us there when i'm back in KK for summer. It cost me LESS THEN A POUND!


Now i know what's meant by "NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE"..


However, I went for 'Wa Dan Ho' in Birm since i missed it more.. They served SAMBAL BELACAN too!!!


and......... a cup of Hot Milo


Penang fried Kui Tiaw


Willie & Jane


Shin



Shall Crown Birmingham as the Malaysian's Food Paradise in UK!!


i see hope ^^

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

? Seems like the tuaran mee restaurant that you used to visit, is not same as what i used to.....

But really a shock to see Tuaran mee here.

FYI, The speciality of Tuaran Mee is not the recipe, is the Mee itself. The founder of this kind of mee, make the mee by themselves (without some additives).

And you are correct, it is not so easy to get it even in west malaysia, but it appears in Birmingham. I wonder is the boss of that restaurant a Sabahan?

Next time must go there to try it out.

:-)

TEH D3viL said...

which is the one that u normally go??
Didnt find out where's the boss or chef from.. which i should actually do!
Didnt giv it a go this time coz i was doubting if it taste as good as the one at home..hm.. shall order one next time n try it out! ^^

Anonymous said...

ur pic makes me hungry!!! I miss wan tan ho too!!

TEH D3viL said...

Hey lets go to Birm again!!! during winter hol!!! =p

Pei Lian said...

I wanna go toooooo =S